Saturday, June 15, 2013

"ONE HUNDRED YEARS FROM NOW, ...

"ONE HUNDRED YEARS FROM NOW, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, or how much money I had I the bank. But the world may be a better place because I made a difference in a child's life." Author Unknown. This is a time of happy endings and new beginnings as well. The 2013 Crew Season, which the NFA Crew Families and supporters worked so hard to raise the money for this past year, will be coming to an end tomorrow with Sectionals. It will be the last crew meet for most of our Senior athletes, although some will go on to row in college.
 It will also be the last time our 8th grade Student Ambassadors row for Newburgh Rowing Club. There will be graduations and tears of joy. Parents will be saying "hasta luego" (until next time) to their seniors going off to college. Mrs. Lo will be saying hasta luego in a month to the Student Ambassadors, the boys who reside in the City of Newburgh, and who were the first ones, two years ago, that we taught to swim and row on scholarships, and who our family loves so much. The Crew Mom Mobile just won't be the same but, as with the college parents, this is what we worked for! The Student Ambassadors have scholarships to go on to fabulous boarding schools, from the Harvey School to Canterbury and St. Benedict's Prep. Some of them will be rowing for these schools. I couldn't be happier. Thanks to my own family, my home is a soft place to land, and when the time comes to say hasta luego to my Student Ambassadors, I will huggle my husband and my own kids that much closer. Happy Friday everyone and PLEASE remember to count your blessings! Have a truly magical day  Mrs. Lo (photo of Little Michael with Najib, Soup, and Kelvin, NYMA Pool Fall 2011)
5/31/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment