Friday, August 29, 2014

"I CAN'T WAIT FOR SCHOOL TO START!!!" -- By Special Guest Blogger Orion LoBiondo

 Hey, everybody, how was your Summer?  It’s me again, Orion, the only 4-legged member of the LoBiondo Family.  I am sooo excited to go back to school!  Who’s with me, raise your paw!  Don’t get me wrong, I loved having my humans around all summer but I like to be in a routine, and School is my favorite routine!

            We had a super busy summer.  First, we built a new deck in the backyard.  They could never have done it without me though.  You should have seen me!  The way I barked at everybody who came over to work on the deck.  I have never seen so many different people in my backyard!  My mom had every kid who ever had a slice of lasagna working on the deck but, like she said, “it’s time for them to pay back all the lasagna and the car rides!”  We have so much fun on our new deck -- barbecues, dinner outside, family parties, all that good stuff.  Although my mom drives us crazy with the deck furniture.  See, she bought all this really nice outdoor furniture and outdoor pillows and rugs.  But every night she makes my brothers roll up the rugs and put the pillows and the furniture inside.  It drives them crazy but mom is afraid of MILL-DOO.  I don’t know what that is but it sounds disgusting.
            Then my family and I took separate vacations.  I got to go to Grandma and Grandpa’s House.  My grandma takes really good care of me and reads me stories in Spanish.  I feel sorry for my family, since they didn’t get to come with me.  They got stuck going to the beach in MAY-UN, wherever that is.  That’s too bad, I got to have belly rubs and homemade adobo with my grandparents every night, I’m sooooo lucky.
            I was really enjoying sleeping in a little bit after vacation, but then my brother started Football Camp at his high school, Don Bosco Prep in New JOY-SEY, and that was the end of that!  Out the door by 7 am, yes Sirree!  Right after that, my younger brother Michael started rowing camp at the Newburgh Rowing Club.  My little buddy, Harvey (he’s one of the coach’s dogs), he’s always calling me on Paw-Chat and he’s like, “come on down, bro, it’s so much fun here,” but I’m like “nah, bro, it’s not like that.  I have to keep this place safe, dude, you have no idea how many squirrels and chipmunks would INVADE this place if I take my eyes off of it!”  Harvey’s my bud, though.
            After rowing camp, my brother Michael started Theatre Academy at Just Off Broadway, which was so much fun for me because he would come home and sing to me everyday.  Yesterday, he was in a play called “Musicville,” and Mom and Dad said he rocked it, all the kids did!  Yeah, Little Buddy, way to go!  I’m not gonna lie, I’m maybe a little tired of hearing the same songs over and over but a little dude has to practice!
            So now we go back to school next week, yeah, buddy!  I’m doing backflips!  Okay, I cannot actually do a backflip but if I could believe me I would.  I can’t wait to get in the back of the car and guard the backpacks!!!  Wait, what’s that you say, Mom?  I’m only guarding Michael’s backpack?  What about Christian?  He’s going to high school in Ramsey, NJ, you say.  Ok, but doesn’t he need a backpack?  What do you mean he’s taking the train???  By himself???   Yeah, OK, he’s going with other football players but they can’t guard his backpack the way I can!
            OK, so I guess there are some changes I’m gonna have to get used to.  But that’s OK, change is good.  Mom always said we need to be FLEX-A-BULL.  Hey, I’m flex-a-bull but I do like my routine.  School is a routine and routine is good.  Yeah, there’s homework and mom’s gotta make the lunches again but we are going to really good schools and we get to pray in school and play sports so it’s all worth it.  OK, I say “WE” but I mean my brothers.  And at the end of the day, we all snuggle up in the family room and do homework or read.  I snuggle up in my giant bed with them.  I may look comfy but I am ready to POUNCE on an intruder at any moment!
            Listen, I would love to stay and chat but – OH NO YOU DIDN’T!!! – you can’t believe the nerve of this chubby bubby groundhog, he is back and he is eating Mom’s basil!  Gotta go bark my head off, I have an HERB GARDEN TO PROTECT!!!  Have a great day, everybody – and Mom says remember to Count Your Blessings!  Signing off, <3 Orion www.LoBiondoPage.Blogspot.com

            

No comments:

Post a Comment