Friday, October 25, 2013

Mrs. Lo's Team Mom Quad - Rowing for a Cure

BREAST CANCER AWARENESS - it takes on a whole new meaning when someone you know is affected. When a family member, or in my case, a dear friend, is diagnosed with breast cancer, all of the Pink facebook profiles and Pink football helmets finally make sense. It's real, it happens. It happens with or without family history. It happens to good people who live clean lives. Approximately 1 in 8 women in the U.S. alone will develop invasive breast cancer over the course of her lifetime. That's an estimated 232,340 moms, wives, daughters, sisters who will develop new cases of invasive breast cancer in the U.S. in 2013. The good news is that the survival rate is going up every year. The thought of not being here to raise your children and grow old with your husband and loved ones is a terrible thing for any woman to have to think about. Awareness in October is great, let's keep being aware the other 11 months. I would do anything I can to help my friend. I will be rowing for a cure on October 19th. I bought 10 T shirts that I'm selling to sponsors for $10 each. I think there are 5 left. Then my law firm will match the money raised. The money goes to the American Cancer Society, via the "Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk" on October 20th, at Woodbury Commons. I couldn't be more proud of everyone who is walking and donating to help out. It feels right to do SOMETHING. In the meantime, ladies, please schedule your annual Mammogram, with a baseline at 30, and perform monthly self examinations. For more info go to: main.acsevents.org
 — withNewburgh Rowing and 4 others.

No comments:

Post a Comment